Why Kathleen McIntyre?
Kathleen has been a leader in supporting a great quality of life for Livonia’s citizens:
- Former Livonia Zoning Board of Appeals member
- Current Livonia Planning Commissioner
- Member of the Livonia Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
- The Senior Alliance (Area Agency on Aging 1C) Board of Directors
- Livonia Community Foundation Board of Trustees
- Livonia Public Schools Foundation Honorary Board of Directors
- Tanglewood Civic Association President
We need to move Livonia forward with good decision making and a vision toward the future:
- Kathleen has broad experience in corporate finance and holds an MBA from Michigan State University
- Her experience as a Regional Director of Governmental Affairs for Ford Motor Company and fellow in the Michigan Political Leadership Program have prepared her to be an effective council member from day one
Kathleen is ready to work for YOU!
NewsTuesday, October 13, 2015 12:00 AM
McIntyre is energetic and would be a fully engaged member of council, carefully studying the issues before making decisions. A former Zoning Board of Appeals member and a current Planning Commission member, she completed the Michigan State University Political Leadership program as a fellow. Her experience as a Regional Director of Governmental Affairs for Ford Motor Co. has helped her learn how government and business can effectively work together.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:00 AM
Livonia's field for the next four city council members has been halved.
Down to eight from 16, the top finishers include a mix of city experience and political newcomers seeking a seat on the council.
Thursday, July 30, 2015 12:00 AM
Kathleen McIntyre is one of sixteen candidates running for Livonia City Council. The article from the Observer provides the candidate's position on four topics and a brief bio. Kathleen positions can also be found on her "On the issues" page.
Monday, July 20, 2015 12:00 AM
The proposal for adding Panda Express came before the Planning Commission. Growth and new opportunities take make forms.
Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:42 AM
Letter to the Editor - McIntyre an experienced leader
As seen in the Livonia Observer:
A recent letter to the editor incorrectly stated that the 15 non-incumbent city council candidates have "zero experience." We are writing to set the record straight about Kathleen McIntyre's broad and relevant experiences that would make her an effective council member from her first day in office:
• Kathleen has an MBA in finance and managed large and complex financial projects at Ford Motor Co.; she will be able to understand and competently manage the complicated financial issues that come to council.
• She has worked and negotiated with every level of government and knows not just how Livonia's government works, but also how to leverage resources and relationships with other municipalities, Wayne County and the state of Michigan.
• Kathleen has served on Livonia's Zoning Board of Appeals and currently serves on the Planning Commission and Brownfield Redevelopment Authority. She has an excellent track record as a dedicated and knowledgeable official.
• Finally, her long service on the volunteer boards of The Senior Alliance (Area Agency on Aging 1C), Livonia Community Foundation and Tanglewood Civic Association has given her great experience in making life better for Livonia residents – and we can't think of any experience more relevant or important than that.
In summary, Kathleen McIntyre has the experience needed to be an effective council person and has also demonstrated the skills, integrity and energy needed to move Livonia forward. Please join us in voting for Kathleen on Aug. 4.
Kathie and Roger Glynn